5 Million Calories Later
- I left eBay last June to focus on my own project in the nutrition and health space. I am now at the 6 month mark—as good a time as any to have a brief look back.
- I made Fitmeal, a food diary via SMS, to track my food. It might help you, too. Give it a try!
- From machine learning algorithms to digestive disorders, I learned a ton over the past few months. I made a point of meeting smart people every week, not only to learn from their experiences, but also to challenge and refine my own thoughts. I built a text messaging service for on-demand nutrition facts, and released it to beta testers.
- The quantified version:
- 2,500 users
- 5,000,000 calories tracked
- 4+ articles: Technical.ly Brooklyn, Motherboard, The Daily Meal, Twilio…
- 1 talk at the NY Quantified Self Meetup
- 1 spiky Snapchat from VICE
- I am very excited for 2016. Digital health is seeing a huge amount of innovation. Messaging platforms and conversational interfaces are getting a lot of attention. As for my project, this new year has already brought me some great developments that I am looking forward to sharing with you soon.
- But for now, I want to thank the supportive friends, fellow makers, and accidental mentors with whom I have had encouraging and insightful discussions along the way.
- As always, please send me an email to let me know what you think.
- Made in Cambridge, MA. Generated with Ivy. Styled with Backslash. All emojis designed by OpenMoji – the open-source emoji and icon project. License: CC BY-SA 4.0